Hands-on tomography course where you bring along your own sample for measurement
This is a practical session in using either Lab X-ray tomography or X -ray tomography at ESRF - where you bring your sample for studying during the day.
Time: Tue 2023-12-12
- To prepare the best conditions of your experiment on your own material problem, with support of experts and simulation tools.
- To realize data acquisition, reconstruction and data analysis of your sample.
Session 1: Experiments
Preparing the experiment
- Tomography conditions (Energy, pixel size, exposure time …)
- Sample preparation
Performing the experiment
- Sample positioning
- Control tomography software
- Running experiment
3D reconstruction of your sample
- Center of rotation and motion correction
- Ring artifacts removal
- Beam hardening correction
Session 2: Data analysis
Data analysis with Fiji and python
- 2D qualitative inspection of the data
- 3D data filtering and segmentation
- 3D data quantitative analysis
- 3D visualisation tools
- 3D rendering of data
Basic knowledge of tomography form this online course.
For further information
Contact either Luc Salvo : firstname.lastname@example.org or Pierre Lhuissier : email@example.com
Registration and prerequisites
Before 15 November, register here so that the course organisers can work with you in defining your problem before the hands-on session in Grenoble This hands-on course is now full. People are still welcome to attend
online course on 30 November.
The course fee is waived.
Participants need to organise and pay for their own accommodation, travel and food.
This course is undertaken as part of the MetaLSF project, which is co-financed by the project partners and the EIT RawMaterials, which is a body of the European Union.